Undoubtedly the highlight of 2017; Prince Harry is to marry Meghan Markle in Spring 2018. I for one could not be more delighted, if slightly disappointed that my ideal future husband is now taken. However, it makes the heartbreak a little easier knowing that the absolutely stunning and stylish Meghan is to be his new Princess. Actress, model and humanitarian L.A girl Meghan Markle already sits high up on the #ultimategoals pedestal and her position is certainly set to heighten. Just as fashionistas rushed to mimic the iconic styles of Diana, Princess of Wales and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge, I have no doubt that the new future princess will dominate the style scene for the months, and years, to come. Her sophisticated use of muted tones and elegant cuts are indicative of truth in the rumour that she models her own sophisticated chic style on fashion icon and French Vogue editor Emmanuel Alt. So, without further ado, I’m here to tell you how to capture Meghan’s relaxed, classic and ‘oh so wearable’ style in your own wardrobe with 3 easy looks.
LOOK 1 – our casual look, is a look that we very often see Meghan sporting – relaxed, preppy chic and, no doubt, soon to be dubbed ‘The Meghan Look’. Get Meghan’s look with just 4 pieces – perfect for coffee or shopping on the weekend.
- Rag & Bone Stovepipe cropped jean, £255, Harvey Nichols.
- Ralph Lauren No-Iron Button Down Shirt, £89, Ralph Lauren.
- ASOS Latch Pointed Ballet Flats, £14.00, ASOS.
- Roberta Brown Grained Leather Tote, £295, L.K Bennett (my reliable style sources tell me this is one of Meghan’s high street faves).
- Wayfarer Liteforce, £123, Ray Ban.
LOOK 2 – the work look (A.K.A the Power Look), is inspired by, not only Meghan’s ultimate boss lady character in U.S. sitcom Suits, but by an outfit she revealed on her Instagram that, to be honest, I’ve been obsessed with ever since. It epitomises femininity, sophistication and glamour in one simple outfit that screams power – magic!
- Light Grey Cashmere Coat, £2715, Max Mara.
- Ted Baker Triski Skater Dress, £179, ASOS.
- Call It Spring Nude Pointed Court Shoes, £40, ASOS.
- Coach Edie Grey Leather Shoulder Bag, £295, Harvey Nichols.
LOOK 3 – is an evening look, heavily influenced by Meghan’s breathtaking #burgandybabe appearance at the Invictus Games back in September, sporting one of her favourite high street brands, Aritzia and a Mackage Baya leather jacket that fashionistas worldwide went crazy for. This look effortlessly channels the effortless glamour of Alexander McQueen (reportedly Meghan’s favourite designer AND a very popular choice with the Royals – she’s sure to fit in at the palace)!
- Nicole Miller Burgundy Pleated Dress, £198, Chic By Choice.
- Burgundy Leather Straight Biker Jacket, £249, Sosandar.
- True Decadence Burgundy Velvet Half Moon Clutch, £32, ASOS.
- On To Point Burgundy Velvet Heels, £37, Office.
Naturally, I couldn’t end this piece without sharing my prediction for soon-to-be Princess Meghan’s wedding gown. Judging by the chic simplicity and effortless class of her style, I predict that Meghan will opt for a wedding gown very similar to that of Anne Barge’s Spring 2018 Collection – timeless, classic and exceptionally elegant. As those royal wedding bells ring, I’ll be expecting an ultra-feminine empire line that shows off Meghan’s gorgeous figure and an understated (but still very princess-esqe) full A-line skirt. My fingers are crossed for a flattering, yet still reserved, plunge neckline and a beautifully rich, heavy fabric such as satin or a silk blend. I’m by no means a gambling girl but, after stalking Meghan’s style for months on end, I’m so confident on this one that I may start placing bets! Watch this space!!